TEA JOURNAL : BOH CAMOMILE TEA

Light and sweet with a slight milky scent




My dear SIL got me a box of BOH CAMOMILE TEA from her recent visit to the BOH Sungei Palas Tea Centre. Needless to say I was ecstatic. It had been on my wish list for quite some time.

I hadn't had Camomile tea for a long long while, and had completely forgotten how it tasted like. So I was really looking forward to a refresher course with this.




I had this mug of tea on a fine morning at my in-laws while we were on holiday; sitting at the little stone table in their front yard, overlooking the beautiful, gorgeous kelantan morning sky with tall coconut trees gently swaying in the cool, morning breeze. It was good.

The tea was light, mild, with a tinge of sweetness. I only used about a flat tablespoon of sugar for this much of water. It smells very floral, with a hint of milky scent. The box design is VERY adorable; dainty white flowers against mustard yellow. My kryptonite. Seriously.





They come in boxes of 25 individually packed sachets.




At first, I couldn't really appreciate the taste of Camomile tea, compared to its more fragrant cousin the Jasmine tea. I even thought I would much prefer to enjoy it cooled to room temperature rather than warm/hot. Regardless, I gave it the benefit of the doubt. 

Now, I could say that I actually rather like it. Warm/hot, even. Its light profile makes it the perfect tea to enjoy at any time of the day, and it definitely has a soothing, calming effect about it. I probably have not been preparing it right before, and misjudged it. 

I might try the tea with honey and lemon next time and see how it tastes like. 



BOH CAMOMILE TEA
What I recommend
Mug (about 1 1/8 metric cups)
Water temperature : 96-98C
Steep time : 3-5 minutes
Sugar : shy of a flat tablespoon (not metric)

Profile
Scent: floral with milky hint
Taste: Light and sweet



What is also great about Camomile tea is that it's a caffeine free floral tisane, which would be a perfect alternative for those who are avoiding caffeine altogether. Looking forward to explore this tea further!


You can buy BOH CAMOMILE TEA online from here:












Comments

Popular Posts