TEA JOURNAL : BOH VANILLA TEA

Light, sweet, and refreshing with just a slight hint of briskness





I bought this fancy tin of BOH Seri Songket Vanilla Flavoured Tea from their Sungei Palas Tea Centre on our last visit to Cameron Highlands. It's a loose leaf tin of vanilla flavoured black tea with marigold flower bits.

I had my doubts about the colour of the tin (not a big fan of green purple combo), but brushed it off in favour of my curiosity for the vanilla flavour. I mean, vanilla tea?

I have never tasted vanilla tea before, ever. 





So in my basket the tin went, along with my usual purchases from the store; BOH black tea pot bag packs, BOH black tea teabags, and BOH Palas Supreme. I came out of the store happy and contented. It was a good day.

Fast forward to a few months later, I finally decided to try the vanilla tea. 

A few months. Because, if you must know, I am a master procrastinator.

Anyway. 

When I first tried this tea, I was feeling rather nervous. The idea of sweet, creamy vanilla in black tea suddenly felt very strange. On that day, the more adventurous side of me evaporated into thin air and I ended up half-heartedly steeping the tea leaves. Needless to say, it was a failed attempt.

HOWEVER.



A few days ago. I decided to give this tea another chance to prove itself (or rather, me to better my tea-steeping skills... or lack thereof)

And lo and behold. I was pleasantly surprised.



"BOH vanilla flavoured tea is pleasingly light, with a mild, mellow sweetness accompanied by a slight brisk tone. It was very very good. I loved it. It was a rainy evening, and the cuppa was a perfect accompaniment"

I thought to myself, I could actually drink this everyday. Would be even more perfect with scones, cream, and jam though. I think it's perfect for an evening cuppa. Or even for a fancy tea time.

I used my small pink teapot which comes with a strainer to steep this tea. I used about 2 tsp of tea leaves in hot boiling water, and steeped for about 3-4 minutes. I also added about 1 tsp of sugar.



It's recommended to be served hot with milk, and topped with grated chocolate - which sounds absolutely dreamy. I shall definitely try that next time.

But my absolute love for the tea aside, I still cannot bring myself to selflessly love the colour of the tin hahaha. It should be pink and grey! It tastes like it should be pink and grey!

BOH, I'm voting for pink and grey!







Comments

Popular Posts